Emtel Airbox was a much welcomed addition to the already existing offers from Mauritius Telecom. Its main selling point has been its much relaxed fair usage policy which only throttles internet speed if other parties are affected by one’s high internet usage.
Everything changes today, 25 March 2017.
Today, Emtel confirms that a fair usage policy of 75GB is being applied to customers on the 10Mbps plan. Over 75GB, the speed is throttled to 1Mbps download and 512Kbps upload.
Emtel has lost its main selling point. You have no reasons to opt for Airbox nor to change from my.t to Airbox if you’re already an internet consumer.
Mauritius Telecom my.t have multiple advantages over Emtel Airbox as listed below.
- Consistent internet speed throughout the day.
- No speed throttling during peak hours
- Lower international and local latency
- Better international routing with direct routing to Asia, Europe and Africa
- Future proof technology, Mauritius Telecom can launch a 1Gbps package any day
- Not affected by electromagnetic interference or weather condition